Internet Marketing Strategies to get your website noticed
I often get asked everyday “how can I get more traffic to my website?” or “how can I increase my rankings on Google?”.
Well, there are several answers to this, not just 1. I will try to explain a number of internet marketing strategies you can apply to your website to build up your rankings and also get some traffic to your website.
Search engines will determine a website ranking for a certain keyword on a number of algorithms, mainly the following:
- How old your domain name is
- How many backlinks you have pointing to your website
- The anchor text back link that is pointing to your website (keyword)
- The niche/content that the backlink is on
- How often your website is updated
- How well your website is optimized for your keywords
- Whether your website has interactive media (video, images)
The most important parts of getting your website ranked are the backlinks pointing to your website and updating your website on a regular basis.
A number of ways of getting good backlinks are the following:
1) Writing up articles about your products or services and submitting these articles to article websites or blogs, with your keyword anchor text pointing to your website.
2) Writing in blogs similar to your niche and leaving comments on “do follow” blogs with a link back to your website.
3) Submitting your website to free directories, preferably with a high PR.
4) Within your blog write very good articles that users would find very informative in the hope they will visit your website again and may even join your RSS feed. Submit this article to all the popular social bookmarking sites (digg, reddit, etc..)5) Open up a Twitter account and follow as many friends as you can find that are interested in your niche. Then link your blog to your twitter account and set it to automatically update your twitter account with your blog posts.
5) Open up a Twitter account and follow as many friends as you can find that are interested in your niche. Then link your blog to your twitter account and set it to automatically update your twitter account with your blog posts.
6) Join forums similar to your niche and write about your website to help build up your backlinks. Most forums allow you to add your website as a signature to all your posts, so you could post useful comments to forum users which are a good way of getting traffic. Yahoo answers is very good.
7) You can sponsor a WordPress theme by having your link on the footer of a developers theme and they submit the theme to 100′s of download sites, meaning every time someone downloads that theme and uploads the theme to their WordPress blog, you instantly get backlinks. Make sure to sponsor a theme related to your niche.
8) You can also buy high PR page links on websites similar to your niche which helps.
9) You can set up a Facebook group and add as many friends as possible that would be interested in your niche.
10) Set up an email campaign and email people weekly about your products or services.
11) If you have a product to sell you could join clickbank.com and register your product for affiliates to sign up to your website to send traffic to your website and if someone buys your product that an affiliate referred a customer you give them a small commission. This is very effective as you don’t need to spend any money on advertisement, as all the work is done by your affiliates.
12) You can add a forum to your website and allow users to join and write posts, this is a great way to build up your pages indexed on Google and also will help with your daily updated content. It also means repeat visitors coming back to your website.
Hope the above information helped you. Please subscribe to our website for more Internet Marketing strategies.